All transformational change begins with leaders who are willing to place an inspiring purpose at the heart of their organisation’s mission. This course examines the nature of transformational leadership, how it is being applied to address sustainability challenges, and how it can apply to individual. Every organisation, community, city and country wants to survive and thrive in a better future, but how? This course explores the concept and practice of future-fitness, which is the ability to create better futures, to adapt to rapidly changing futures and to be resilient in the face of adverse futures.
- We present research conducted with Cambridge University, in which we identified the key characteristics of sustainability leaders.
- We consider the importance of diversity in leadership, from women to migrants.
- We delve into case studies of transformational leaders, from government, business and civil society.
- We help participants to self-diagnose what kind of transformational leader they may be.
- We present scenarios of the world in 2050 in four key areas: economy, humanity, energy and environment.
- We introduce key futures-thinking tools, including forecasting, backcasting, counter-factual planning and scenario planning.
- We work with the 5-S future-fitness framework to identify visions and KPIs of desirable futures that are safe, smart, shared, sustainable and satisfying.
- We use the 5-D resilience strategies and counter-factual exercises as tools for preparing for unexpected futures.
- The ability to identify the 7 habits of highly effective sustainability leaders
- An understanding of the 4 transformational strategies used by corporate sustainability leaders
- Knowledge of the 4 types of purpose-inspired leadership and how they apply to you as an individual change agent.
- An understanding of the mega-trends in the world to 2050 and awareness of.
- A knowledge of key futures-thinking tools and how they can be used in your organisation or sector.
- The ability to apply the 5-S future-fitness and 5-D resilience strategies frameworks to your organisation or sector.
Booking or Enquiries
To host this training course at your organisation or event, please Contact Us.